Is your cooling tower working as hard as you are?
Cooling water systems are integral to many industrial processes and commercial air conditioning systems. Efficient cooling is essential in minimising running costs and maintaining production uptime. An effective cooling water treatment programme ensures safety and efficiency in cooling system operations.
Keeping the water in cooling systems in good condition, free of bacteria and in a state where the risk of corrosion is minimal is key to Clearwater’s reputation for expertise in cooling tower maintenance and optimisation.
It is our on-going commitment is to help maximise the efficiency of cooling tower systems, minimising waste and negative financial and environmental impacts. To fulfil this commitment, Clearwater has developed an innovative method to recover a portion of the bleed water to re-use as make up water. This saves our clients significant amounts of money by reducing the OPEX of cooling plants, reducing total cost of operation.
Common cooling tower problems:
- Biological Contamination – microbial organisms thrive in cooling water systems and their presence can lead to increased corrosion, fouling, scale formation and heat exchange deposit faults
- Corrosion – commonly caused by the re-oxidation of the metals from which cooling systems are constructed during exposure to water
- Fouling – often a by-produce of corrosion, fouling can also be caused by external contaminants such as dust and other matter collecting around the system.
- Scaling – scale deposits in cooling towers are often caused by insoluble minerals in the cooling water, including calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate and magnesium silicate
Clearwater’s expert teams are highly experienced in monitoring, controlling and circumventing these problems. When ineffectively managed, these problems can lead to increased maintenance costs, additional spending on repair and labour, disruption to operations and associated monetary losses, increased fuel costs, increased emission outputs and failure to meet compliances.
Clearwater’s team of responsive engineers will work closely with you to ensure you are getting the best from your cooling tower. This tailored service can include:
- Cooling water monitoring contracts with regular technical service visits
- Energy optimisation surveys to identify areas for improvement
- Reducing tower energy consumption through engineered solutions
- Reducing impact of bleed through bleed recovery & correct chemical treatment
- Reducing running costs through effective water, pre-treatment, and system management
- Chemical supply, management, dosing and monitoring systems
- Engineered solutions including, Auto bleed systems, Side-Stream filtration systems, and pond sweepers
- Water Softening and other pre-treatments
Clearwater’s expert teams are experienced in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of cost-effective ROI generating water treatment solutions across various sectors, including but not limited to:
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Buildings & Institutions
- Facilities Management
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
In all cases, Clearwater differs from traditional approaches in using an open, flexible and nimble approach to create the right team to make a rapid difference to their clients’ businesses. Contact us today to find out more.