Are you getting the best from your boiler?
Boilers are essential in most industries including manufacturing, chemical processing, electrical power generation, food and beverage manufacturing and for general heating. However, boilers do not come without their problems. As steam is produced, dissolved solids become concentrated and form deposits inside the boiler, affecting performance and longevity.
This leads to poor heat transfer and reduces the efficiency of the boiler as well as potentially forming dangerous gases and liquids that can both corrode the boiler and cause harm to individuals. Optimal treatment of boiler feed water is an essential part of the preventative maintenance program.
Effective boiler treatment must ensure continuous heat exchange, corrosion protection and production of high quality steam. If these factors are not properly managed, a faulty or inefficient boiler can prove costly in terms of increased energy bills, disruption to operations and associated monetary losses, increased fuel costs, increased emission outputs and failure to meet compliances, and can also lead to dissatisfaction from building tenants and residents.
Common Steam & Boiler Problems:
- Scaling – scale deposits in steam boilers are often caused by insoluble minerals in the cooling water, including calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate and magnesium silicate
- Corrosion – commonly caused by the re-oxidation of the metals from which water and steam systems are constructed during exposure to water
- Boiler Water Carryover – also known as priming, carryover refers to any solid, liquid or vaporous contaminant that is carried by the steam generated by the boiler
- Sludge – salts and particles of matter in operational steam boilers can collect and congeal in feed water over time, creating a thick sludge
These common issues can affect the feed tank, the boiler and the condensate system and are generally caused by poor water quality. If not addressed, these issues can mean failure to comply with standards that have been put into place to prevent the dangers associated with faulty steam boilers.
Clearwater’s collective expertise has led to the development of a series of solutions that will prevent boiler deterioration, ensuring constant compliance while delivering true ROI through the reduction of repair and replacement costs, energy usage and other costs associated with boiler downtime.
Clearwater’s team of responsive engineers will work closely with you to ensure you are getting the best from your boiler. This tailored service can include:
- Boiler water monitoring contracts with regular technical service visits
- Energy optimisation surveys to identify areas for improvement
- Reducing boiler energy consumption through engineered solutions
- Reducing build-up of scale and corrosion in your boiler through correct chemical treatment
- Reducing boiler running costs through effective water, pre-treatment, and system management
Clearwater’s expert teams are experienced in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of cost-effective ROI generating water treatment solutions across various sectors, including but not limited to:
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Buildings & Institutions
- Facilities Management
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
In all cases, Clearwater differs from traditional approaches in using an open, flexible and nimble approach to create the right team to make a rapid difference to their clients’ businesses. Contact us today to find out more.